If you’re interested in a dental implant in Atlanta, you may be put off by the long treatment time. Does it really take 6 months to get a dental implant?
At One Day Implants, the answer is “no!” We’re specialists in implant dentistry in Atlanta, and our doctors can place a dental implant and restore it with a dental crown in just one day, allowing you to restore your smile immediately. Learn more about the process below, or contact us now to schedule an appointment.
We Offer One Day Implants Thanks To Our Advanced Technology & Dental Lab
Our advanced technology is what allows us to provide one day implants. We use advanced CBCT (Cone Beam Computed Tomography), intraoral scanners, and cameras to plan your treatment and build a temporary dental crown immediately.
We can offer immediate crowns because we have an in-house dental lab. This means you don’t have to wait for us to send your information to a dental lab and wait for them to build your crown and send it back to us, a process that can take 2-3 weeks or longer, in some cases.
Thanks to our advanced technology and skilled team of dentists, you can get a dental implant and a crown in just one day. Curious to learn more? Below, we’ll explain how the process works.
How Do One Day Implants Work? Understanding The Process
Before your treatment can begin, you’ll need to be approved for a one day implant by our team. At your initial consultation, you’ll get a comprehensive oral exam to check on your oral health and ensure one day implants are right for you.
Depending on the situation, you may need to schedule a separate appointment to get your implant, or we may be able to place it on the same day. Here’s what to expect.
- Numbing and sedation – First, your treatment area will be cleaned and numbed. You can also be sedated for your comfort during the implant placement process.
- Incision & implant placement – Your dentist will use your surgical plan to make a very small incision directly into your jaw and gum tissue, and place a small, metal titanium implant “post” into this opening.
- Disinfecting and suturing the area – The gum tissue near the implant will be sutured to ensure it heals properly. The surgical site will also be thoroughly disinfected to eliminate the risk of infection.
- Creating and placing your temporary crown – Next, our in-house dental lab will work to build your initial ceramic crown. Depending on how long this will take, you may wait in the operating room, or in our waiting area. Once your crown is done, your dentist will place it onto your implant immediately.
- Recovery & follow-up – You’ll be sent home with instructions on how to recover and care for your new tooth. Typically, you will come back for a follow up in about 2 weeks. You also will need to come back once your implant has fully healed to get a permanent crown to replace your initial same-day crown.
Stay Comfortable While You Wait At Our Modern Dental Office
Our goal at One Day Implants is to simplify and streamline the process of getting dental implants in Atlanta. We offer a wide variety of amenities for patients who have complex oral health issues and may need to stay at our office for a long time, such as:
- Concierge style beverages for your refreshment
- Meals for patients who require all-day services
- Comfort suites for patients with massage chairs and TVs that allow you to watch your favorite shows and movies
Contact One Day Implants Today For Dental Implants In Atlanta
Getting implants doesn’t have to take months. If you’re a good candidate, One Day Implants can provide you with a dental implant in just a single appointment. Contact us online or call today at (404) 724-8125 to see if you’re a good candidate.